2nd Training Day
COST CA20120 - INTERACT Training Day: Recent Advances in Data Engineering for Networking
May 22, 2023
The tutorial will cover an in-depth study of convergence of data engineering in network management and orchestration domain. The first part will be background information on data engineering and second part will be on application of those technologies to network management problems. In the second part, there will be a step-by-step demonstration of one of the demos during the second part of the tutorial. The participants do not need to have any prerequisite components. Application of data engineering concepts in the management and orchestration of telecommunication networks is an emerging topic and will be most important in the coming years as well. The attendees to this tutorial will have the chance to learn more about data engineering for networking and its applications from the perspective of telecommunication operators.
The target audience is networking practitioners who are willing to get involved in the data engineering ecosystem. The attendees to this tutorial will have the chance to learn more about data engineering for networking and its applications from the perspective of telecommunication operators. The audience is expected to have basic knowledge of networking as a prerequisite.
The tutorial will comprise five main parts in which big data networking examples and case studies will be integrated:
- Introduction (15 minutes)
- Motivation and scope
- Data engineering and network automation relation overview
- Overview of the data engineering ecosystem (85 minutes)
- Data Connection Frameworks (10 minutes)
- Data Ingestion Frameworks (20 minutes)
- Data Analysis and Processing Frameworks (20 minutes)
- Data Storage Frameworks (10 minutes)
- Data Monitoring and Visualization Frameworks (10 minutes)
- Data Orchestration and Management Frameworks (10 minutes)
- Data Engineering Platforms in industrial environments (5 minutes)
- Recent Developments in Network Management and Orchestration (Virtualization, 5G, SDN/NFV and IoT) and their relationship with data engineering (85 minutes)
- Standardization development (25 minutes)
- Two Example Demonstrations (60 minutes)
- Log Management in NFV Service Orchestration
- AI/ML-driven scaling of Digital Twin Service in 5Growth
- Research Challenges and Future Aspects for data engineering for networking (15 minutes)
- Gap Analysis (5 minutes)
- Challenges (5 minutes)
- Future Directions (5 minutes)
Total: (200 minutes)
The overall schedule is given below:
In the afternoon, from 2 to 5 pm.
There is no currently a comprehensive tutorial on data engineering technologies that is applicable to telecommunication networks especially focusing on network management and orchestration aspects. In this tutorial, we discuss applications of data engineering concepts in telecommunication networks as well as the gaps and research challenges related to future development processes for data engineering-based network design.
The School will be entirely held in English.
CTTC, B6 Auditorium
It is possible to register for the training Day through the registration process for the 5th MC and Technical meeting itself. Please access your member’s area, register for the meeting and select “TR” within the activities available.
Organisation and Scientific Programme Committee