PhD position at CentraleSupélec (Rennes, FRANCE)
Topic: Hybrid precoded index modulation schemes for downlink Sub-THz MU-MIMO systems
Keywords: Beyond 5G, Signal processing, Sub-THZ band, Hybrid Beamforming, Spatial Modulation, MU-MIMO
The general target of this PhD is to propose efficient Hybrid precoded beam (HB) structures in downlink spatial modulation, using available Sub-THz channel state information (CSI) knowledge. The techniques to be proposed should enable Sub-THz communication in a multi-User MIMO context and should target at minimizing the energy consumption at the base station.
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship on sub-THz communications. The scholarship is jointly funded by Centrale-Supélec, Rennes and IMT-Nord-Europe, Lille (France).
Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
- M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline,
- Strong background in communication theory, signal processing,
- Good knowledge of mathematical optimization,
- Good programming skills (Python, Matlab),
- Good written and communication skills in English.
Details on the topic are provided at https://www.gdr-isis.fr/index.php/annonce/8690/
SCA22: The 7th Smart City Applications International Conference
Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco
Castelo Branco, Portugal, October 19-21, 2022
The Seventh International Conference on Smart City Applications is a multidisciplinary forum co-organized by the Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco (IPCB) in the partnership with Mediterranean Association of Sciences and Technologies (Medi-AST).
The event aims to bring together research scientists and engineers to discuss and exchange both experimental and theoretical results, novel designs, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the area of smart cities.
List of topics:
- information technologies and computer science
- geo-smart information systems
- smart building and home automation
- smart environment and smart agriculture
- smart education and intelligent learning system
- smart economy and digital business
- smart healthcare
The conference proceedings will be published as a book in the Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems series and will be submitted for publication in SCOPUS, INSPEC and Web of Science.
Conference web site: https://medi-ast.org/SCA22/index.html
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sca22
Workshop on Sustainable Future Ultra Dense Networks
To be held in Globecom 2022 – IEEE Global Communications Conference
4–8 December 2022 // Rio de Janeiro, Brazil // Hybrid Conference
Accelerating the Digital Transformation through Smart Communications
In TeamUp5G and COST CA20120 INTERACT, together with other European projects, we are organizing the Workshop on Sustainable Future Ultra-Dense Networks in Globecom 2022, which will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in December.
You can also consult the information here.
The deadline for paper submission is July 15th, 2022.
PhD & Postdocs Open Positions
iTEAM-UPV, Valencia, Spain
Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)
PhD and Post-doc positions at the University of Brussels (ULB)
Wireless synchronization and fingerprinting
28 GHz localization and mapping
About the project
The SYNCH-NET project aims at solving multiple bottlenecks in wireless localization networks:
- Over-the-air synchronization of wireless anchor nodes for TDOA-based localization networks, using additional signal dimensions such as CFO.
- RF fingerprinting of radio devices in order to allow for short-term tracking while preventing long-term identification
- Using 28 GHz beamsteering arrays for node localization and environment mapping.
In this context, we have two open positions (one PhD student and one postdoc) for a duration of two years. PhD candidates will be encouraged to apply for an additional PhD fellowship.
- Sc. or M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of telecommunications and radio systems
- Experience in Matlab, Python and/or C++
- Good level of English
- D. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Good publication record
- Demonstrated experience with software-defined radio systems and experimental hardware
- Excellent knowledge of 5G, telecommunications and radio systems
- Experience in Matlab, Python and/or C++
- Excellent level of English
- To be eligible for the post-doc scholarship, the candidate should have spent at least two of the last three years outside of Belgium.
How to apply
Send an email to Prof. François QUITIN (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following elements:
- Cover letter
- Publication list (only for the postdoc position)
- Grade transcripts (only for the PhD position)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The position will remain open until filled.
Massive open online course on “Ultra-Dense Networks for 5G and its Evolution”
Many of the new mobile communication devices will be things that power and monitor our homes, city infrastructure and transport. Controlling drones thousands of miles away, performing remote surgeries or being immerse in video with no latency will also be a huge game changer. Those are some of the few things that make the fifth generation (5G) a revolution expected to be a thrust to the economy and that make it the focus of all the players in the telecommunications field nowadays. To that end, the design and density of deployment of new networks is also changing becoming denser, what introduces new challenges into play. What else will it add to previous generations? The MOOC about Ultra-dense networks for 5G and its evolution has been prepared by the researchers of a European MSCA ITN, named TemUp5G, and introduces the most important technologies that support 5G mobile communications, with an emphasis on increasing capacity and reducing power, that facilitates the deployment of small cells. The content spans from aspects of communication technologies to use cases, prototyping and the future ahead, not forgetting issues like interference management, energy efficiency or spectrum management. The aim of the MOOC is to fill the gap in graduation and post-graduation learning on content related to emerging 5G technologies and its applications, including the future 6G. The target audience involves engineers, researchers, practitioners, and students.
The TeamUp5G MOOC “Ultra-dense networks for 5G and its evolution” is now online with the participation of all the TeamUp5G early stage researchers and several supervisors.
The MOOC is integrated by 6 modules focused on the following subjects:
Module 1 – Ultra-dense networks and small cells
Module 2 – New transmission technologies
Module 3 – Interference management and energy efficiency
Module 4 – Spectrum sharing and carrier aggregation
Module 5 – Use cases and prototyping
Module 6 – The future ahead
To attend the MOOC for free, please, enrol here.
Open positions in ICT @ UCLouvain
OCTOBER 12, 2021
UCLouvain invites applications for 6 tenure-track or tenured full-time academic positions attached to the Louvain School of Engineering and to the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics
- An academic position in Computer Science (1 FTE) tenure-track or tenured (Academic Staff)
- An academic position in Computer Science applied to Medical Sciences (1 FTE) tenure-track or tenured (Academic Staff)